The Commonwealth of Virginia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Commonwealth of Virginia

Forum for Fans of Division I Athletics in the Great State of Virginia

Finalists selected for Cousy Award

morrisar
    morrisar

Finalists selected for Cousy Award Empty Finalists selected for Cousy Award

Post  morrisar Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:06 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3888105

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. -- Darren Collison, who led UCLA to the last three Final Fours, and Stephen Curry, who led Davidson to its NCAA tournament run last season, were among the 17 finalists for the Bob Cousy Award, The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame announced Thursday.

The award, given annually to the nation's top collegiate point guard, will be presented at the Final Four in Detroit on April 6.

The other finalists from Division I were: Sheron Collins, Kansas; Toney Douglas, Florida State; Levance Fields, Pittsburgh; Jonny Flynn, Syracuse; Dominic James, Marquette; Ty Lawson, North Carolina; Eric Maynor, Virginia Commonwealth; Patrick Mills, Saint Mary's; Jeremy Pargo, Gonzaga; A.J. Price, Connecticut; and Jeff Teague, Wake Forest.

Two players from Division II were selected -- Virgil Buensuceso, BYU Hawaii, and Darren Duncan, Merrimack, while David Arseneault of Grinnell and Sean Wallis of Washington University were chosen from Division III.

D.J. Augustin of Texas won the award last season.

People can vote for their favorite candidate online at www.cousyaward.com. The top vote-getter from the on-line poll will receive the "Fan Vote", representing one vote to be cast by the committee selecting the winner.

The committee is comprised of Hall of Famers including Bob Cousy, Dean Smith and Jim Calhoun, as well as coaches from Divisions I, II and III, members of the media and additional college basketball experts and celebrities.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:52 pm