The Commonwealth of Virginia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Commonwealth of Virginia

Forum for Fans of Division I Athletics in the Great State of Virginia

New Head Coach Shaka Smart announced his first coaching hire

BigE
    BigE

New Head Coach Shaka Smart announced his first coaching hire Empty New Head Coach Shaka Smart announced his first coaching hire

Post  BigE Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:35 pm

New Head Coach Shaka Smart announced his first coaching hire WillWadeHiringStory040909
    SMART NAMES FIRST ASSISTANT COACH, WILL WADE
    Wade comes to VCU after two seasons at Harvard

RICHMOND, Va. – New Head Coach Shaka Smart announced his first coaching hire of his tenure at Virginia Commonwealth University. Will Wade will join the Black & Gold after serving as an assistant coach at Harvard for the past two seasons.

Wade was the first coaching hire for head coach Tommy Amaker prior to the 2007-08 season at Harvard. He served as the recruiting coordinator for Amaker and the Crimson during his two years in Boston.

"I am very excited to be a part of Coach Smart's staff at VCU,” Wade said. “VCU has a tremendous basketball tradition and I look forward to continuing that success while reaching for even greater heights."

His recruiting skills have been recognized on the national stage with his first class at Harvard being recognized as one of the top-25 classes in the country by ESPN.com. That class included impressive additions in top-30 post-grad, 6-9 Andrew Van Nest and potential ESPN 150 player, 6-5 G/F Max Kenyi (Washington, D.C.).

“No one in the country will out work Will,” Smart said. “He will do whatever it takes to get the job done and help continue the great tradition that is VCU Basketball.”

http://vcuathletics.com/mbb/0809results/Wade-Hire-040909.php

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:58 am